Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's a BOY!

Our ultrasound appointment on Monday, March 16 revealed that we are having a boy! To be totally honest I am a bit nervous considering I have grown up in a family of girls. However, I have many friends that have been encouraging me by telling me how wonderful it is to have a little baby boy. We are very excited! We are coming up with the perfect name, starting to plan the nursery and day dreaming about what it will be like when baby boy Klusman arrives.


On Monday night we had a "Is it a girl or is it a boy?" party. My parents, my grandparents and Sherry and Jim were there for the revealing of the gender of our baby. My mom helped to throw a great party. She made an adorable diaper cake for the centerpiece at the table and she made brisket and twice baked potatoes for dinner. My only responsibilty was to tell everyone if it was a boy or a girl. So...Aaron and I placed a little sign under the plate of the ladies that said "It's a boy!" After everyone sat down I had the ladies pull out the sign from under their plate. And then they knew...It's a boy! We also had Michelle and Becky on speaker phone this whole time so they could feel like they were there. The evening was really fun and no one had ever been to an "Is it a girl or is it a boy?" party before. It was a bit overwhelming and surreal for Aaron at moments. (Having everyone taking millions of pictures didn't help for Aaron) I think the surreal moment came when he opened a gift from my mom with a little onesie in it. It dawned on him that his son was going to fit in this tiny little piece of clothing. So much to look forward to. We had a great time and are thrilled for what is to come. (I was having trouble putting the pictures in the order I wanted them, so they are in no particular order)
After dinner we watched the ultrasound on DVD. About 6 minutes of it was recorded during our appointment.
Paisley was not forgotten about
Proud Grandma and Grandpa
Proud Grandma Sherry and Jim
I love Mommy and I love Daddy onesies
Here we are with the diaper cake
Great Grandma and Grandpa
Close up of the diaper cake topper

Close up of the onesies

This was Aaron's surreal moment. The onesie says "Lil Slugger" and the cap has baseballs on it. After Aaron opened it up I realized, "Oh there are cute little boy clothes!"



Me and my dad, the soon to be Grandpa. My mom told me on Monday that after they had three girls they were done having kids. My dad said that he was just going to have to wait for grandkids to have a boy.

4 comments:

sammyw said...

how exciting!! little boys are so sweet :) so happy to read all your updates!!

S. L. Perrault said...

We are sooo, sooo excited!! You guys will be awesome parents of a boy. The party looked liked so much fun!! The Beals/Klusmans know how to throw a good party!! Love and miss you guys!

Kelly Gray said...

YAY for boys! YOu will LOVE having a boy. COngrats. You guys sure know how to celebrate. That makes it so fun. Hope you are feeling well. Would love to meet up sometime soon. Your house will be full of baby crap soon!!!

Tara and Jeff said...

boys are the best in my book !